Thursday, December 16, 2010

What's wrong with the original?

Have been asked to write another blog, so here goes, although shortened a bit as I cannot log into my account through my computer, and thus am using my phone..yay technology!!!
So last week I was wasting some time at Fred Meyer. Some would not be appropriate, as it was really 2-3 hours! And I picked the one Fred Meyer with no apparel department! Nightmare!!!
So after going through the cosmetic, toy, and jewelry sections about 25 times I ventured out into "other parts" of the store. I ended up in the home improvement section. Sadly, Tim Allen was no where around, though I did search hopelessly for him. I surmised he had some kind of injury and needed medical care, but I am getting off subject. :)
while looking at paint color schemes and putting together ideas for a new eye shadow theme in my head,I saw something that left me speechless.. 25 different colors of duct tape. Pink, yellow, red, orange, green, blue, camo....I don't even know what to say about camoflaged duct tape...what are you trying to hide?? There was also duct tape with flames and leopard and zebra print. Not exactly sure how you'd use those...i don't think a zebra or leopard would let you close enough to implement your diabolical duct taping plan...
However, with this plethora of color, regular old grey tape was no where to be found. The closest was a nice, shiny silver one could compare to tin foil. But poor, normal grey was now apparently useless in this rainbow of adhesives.
This brought to mind my question..what was wrong with the original? Did using regular duct tape become an obsolete practice? This goes for many things as well...is our old ipod from 2 months ago really that bad because it doesn't have 500gb of storage? Are our computers unusable because of the new touch screen models? The same argument can be used for cell phones as well.
People always seem to want to trade up to something bigger and better, whether that be appliances, technology or even other people. Unfortunently within 6 months there is a new better gadget and what you have is old news.
Sadly human nature has been conditioned to never be satisfied. Whether it be a new job, new toy or a new relationship, we are always searching for the next big thing to make us happy. In reality, plain grey duct tape could have held our attention forever.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment