Friday, December 17, 2010

True Friends vs Fair Weathereds

Over the past two months I have been lucky enough to get reacquainted with a lot of old friends. Alot of who I had terrible failings out with, some just separated through life circumstances.
I've also noticed in the last few months that people I thought were true friends have magically disappeared. Whether my current lifestyle wasn't working for them or they just got busy, many have taken a leave of absence.
The one thing I have noticed though is when reconnecting with old friends, it's amazing after years, you can pick up where you left off. Yes, life has happened and you both bring new experiences to the table, but in certain aspects it seems there was never a separation. Whether it be a general camaraderie, or the ability to talk on the phone for hours, that warm friendship still exists.
All in all I am thankful for the friends that I have that are like family to me. Even more so at this time of year I would be lost without you guys. And I thank God for knowing the difference between a true friend and a fair weathered one.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment